Monday night Dave asked me to go with him and my brother to the house because they were going to continue sanding the floors. I wasn’t sure why he would need me to go, asked him, and got the “I don’t know. Just because.” response. So, I decided to go. I might be able to find things to do around the house when we get there.
Of course, a job was waiting for me when we got there.
Once I dried up as much water as I could (using the only things I could find – old sofa covers), I got to working on my next project.
Removing the ugly old shower door in the master bath.
Should have been easy enough. The only things holding the door there were a few screws and some clear caulking.
Except. I couldn’t find the right tools for the job. I needed some sort of blade or box cutter to cut the caulking. I couldn’t find one, so I used a pick-type tool. It worked for part of the job, but was too thick for the other part. Looked around more and finally found a small blade that did the rest of the job.
Then I needed a drill or screwdriver to remove the screws. Some of the screws were easy enough. Others were in places that were hard to reach with any of the drills or drivers I had. With a little creativity, I was able to get those little suckers out and the door down.
For now, we’ll put of a small shower curtain, but eventually I’ll take down the wall that was holding that ugly door.
So I was needed that night. Water clean up, door removal, & sander cord holder were my major jobs for the night.